Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The sun's out!


SOLSC  #7  - Slice of Life is sponsored every Tuesday by Stacey and Ruth 
from Two Writing Teachers.  For the month of March, I've joined the challenge to post a slice of life daily.  

It's a glorious day.  Even though the morning temperature is crisp and cold, it's shaping up to be a drop-dead gorgeous day.  Days like this make me want to skip school and take a walk.  As I gaze out the window, I see the tree with its tiny hot pink buds that means spring is almost here.    I love that the days are getting longer (I call it crawling out of the cave). With daylight savings time on the horizon for the weekend, I should arrive home before dark in the evenings next week.  No more fumbling in the dark to collect the mail.  Just a continuous palette of new colors to delight me daily.

6 comments:

  1. Crawling out of the cave. A great saying and one I will remember. Have you read A Story for Bear? It is a children's book. It is wonderful and there is a bear that hibernates in a cave. I bet you would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're having a sunny day here in Portland too! yay! You'll have to post a picture of the tree when it blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love..."crawling out of the cave"! We do hibernate to some degree, don't we? I agree with you...spring is on the way:) Google Lugnut the Bear...it is a bear cam here in Maine. Mama has two cubs:) They have not crawled out of the cave yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the "crawling out of a cave" notion. It's so true.

    I took a long walk around the block with my daughter late this afternoon. It was, in a word, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, buds! You are so lucky. Not yet here in Michigan, even though we have had a very warm winter. I think we might even have spring this year. Your slice just put me in a great mood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy, happy is the tone in this slice. I love "a continuous palette of new colors to delight me daily." Love light later, but hate the dark morning.

    ReplyDelete