Saturday, November 23, 2013

Celebrate!

                                            
                           So excited to join Saturday Celebrations with Ruth Ayres!
                   It is fun to live my week thinking about what I will celebrate on Saturday!  
Discover. Play. Build.

A quick celebration before tackling the work of the day:

1.  Celebrating the encouragement I received last week from fellow bloggers to exercise.  Although I didn't exercise five times, four times is definitely moving in the right direction.  Makes me think about how important it is to celebrate approximations toward a goal, not just accomplishment.  (Could I please move my mountain climber four hundred feet up the mountain?)

2.  Celebrating a new opportunity to serve in my faith community.  After spending seven years of Sunday mornings with young children, I'm sad to leave them.  I know I'll be challenged by this new direction.

3.  Celebrating time to talk with my daughter before school yesterday.  After two years of PA school and the same time zone, I had grown attached to our early morning check-ins.  Now with her move to the east coast, she's already at work when I get up at 5 a.m.  Glad her road trip yesterday gave us time to chat!  

4. Celebrating a Saturday morning phone call from my son.  He's headed up to campus to study and I'm grading papers.  We lead exciting lives!

Take a few moments to join us for Saturday celebrations at Ruth Ayres Writes!

8 comments:

  1. Ramona, I love your celebrations! My exercise has been on the back burner this week; too busy to go to the gym. Maybe tomorrow I will exercise my faith first, and then my body!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your thoughts on approximation! So many times I don't start something because I want perfection, when really, an approximation would be good enough. Thanks for this important reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your check ins with grown kids. I love those too. Always brighten the day. And congrats on the exercise accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your celebrations this week are focused on yourself and your family! Good for you - that IS an exciting life! Have a great week! Thanks for thinking about me and the milk jugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on getting exercise in on four days this week. It is an accomplishment to almost get to the goal as well. And every workout is a step to healthier living.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping in touch with your kids matters a lot. I find that even a bit of exercise is better than giving up. Four times a week is more than most people I know do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reading your celebrations helped me remember a few more of my own. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes those "exciting lives" are the best! My children are grown too, and I cherish those little check-ins we get. Have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete