It is fun to live my week thinking about what I will celebrate on Saturday!
A week filled with moments to celebrate and remember!
1. Packed up Christmas this year on New Year's Day! You have to know that I hate undecorating the house because it makes me sad. Usually my daughter helps me do it, but this year she wasn't home. Blake and Stefi left too early for me to be ready to pack up. So I did it all by myself in one day, except that Lance did help me pack the fake tree and carry it to the Christmas closet.
2. Packed everything . . . except for a few remnants that I keep out to brighten short winter days:
- The metal tree that displays our Christmas photos. I love enjoying pics of friends and family for a while longer. Some will eventually make it to the refrigerator gallery, but for now I keep them displayed on the dining table.
- My snowperson collection. I moved them from the dining room to the family room. Snowpeople, greenery, and white lights - that's winter decorating at its best!
- The red basket that holds Christmas cards and letters. I love the late arrivals that dribble in during the next few days/weeks. Each is cause for celebration,and there is no need to be ashamed that they didn't get mailed on time. The late ones get even more attention.
- The white lights on the deck - short Northwest days need light! Feb. 1st used to be my deadline for taking them down, but gradually I moved it to Valentine's Day, then the end of Feb. and one year I sliced about them in March!
4. Celebrating that we didn't return to school on the 2nd this year like we did last year. I've loved these few extra days, and now it's time to return to some long postponed grading.
5. Trying to follow Linda's advice to write fast. I started at 11:11 and finished at 11:33!
6. Back to add one more - Mom's 92nd birthday is today! We always had angel food cake on her big day. She had a special skill for loving people. I miss her so, but feel so blessed to be her daughter.