It is fun to live my week thinking about what I will celebrate on Saturday.
A week filled with moments to celebrate and remember!
1. Sunshine and mid-70's are in the forecast for Monday's field trip to the International District.
The threat of rain for this field trip always worries me since there is really no place to shelter.
It's an outside, walking, discovery field trip (except for the inside lunch).
2. I shared Sam's book review of You Wouldn't Want to Sail on the Titanic! with my students.
One student created a drawing for Sam and several wrote notes to him.
Ruth sent us a photo of guest blogger, Sam, with our card!
3. We wrote notes to mothers and made cards to showcase the delightful prose and poetry.
I love seeing the creativity as my students make something personal for their moms.
I always share my Mother's Day notes, including the one written by my daughter
when she was at our middle school, and the humorous one penned one year
by my son with coupons that had a one-day expiration date.
4. Packages and cards have already arrived from both children for Mother's Day.
Yellow daisies from husband are on the kitchen island.
I can't wait to FaceTime with everyone tomorrow!
5. I discovered Linda Rief's new book, Read, Write, Teach in an email from Heinemann.
I may have to break my resolution to NOT order any new teaching books for this one.
I may be leaving the classroom, but I can never leave my love of teaching.
A quick glance at the preview, and it went on my birthday wish list!
(If I don't order it, I'm not breaking my resolution, right?)