Saturday, September 20, 2014

The discipline of pausing helps us find the joy

 Join us each Saturday for Celebrate this week with Ruth Ayres.  
 When we pause to celebrate, we find the joy.
Discover. Play. Build.
A week filled with moments to celebrate and remember!

Sometimes we hurt because people we love are hurting.  If you're not a Poetry Friday regular, be sure to stop by The Poem Farm for Amy's healing poem, "Someone."  Even when life is difficult and those we love are in pain, Ruth reminds us that celebration saves and rescues us.  The discipline of pausing to celebrate allows me to discover joy each week, even during the hard weeks.

1.   My sister Velma, the family genealogist, figured out the identity of Aunt Fanny.
Aunt Fanny was Frances Wilson, sister to Mary Ann Wilson, my great grandmother.

2.  Lance and I attended our first Friday afternoon concert at the symphony.
The music was magnificent even though we may have been
the youngest people in attendance!

3.  I volunteered at the Friends of the Library book sale.
I enjoyed seeing former students and good friends while I worked at the book sale.  
I was lucky to be there when Josh, my student from last year, received
a tablet as grand prize for participating in the summer reading program.
A big shout-out to teen librarian, Carrie Bowman, who visited my students in June,
shared great reads for summer, and encouraged them to participate in the summer program.  

Josh receives the grand prize from KCLS librarian, Linda Ernst.

           4.  My roses are blooming as fall color arrives. 
Blessings to you as we kiss summer goodbye and embrace festive fall!







8 comments:

  1. Festive Fall! I'm ready for it. :-) Love your celebrations this week - great photo of a happy tablet winner! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the golden tree. We have very little color right now, but I know it is on the way. I love that you found out who Aunt Fanny was! Isn't it nice to have a sister to do things like that while you are going to concerts and volunteering at book sales! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that Amy's poem is wonderful, seemed to be the right thing for so many yesterday. Love your celebrations & I understand about the symphony, but still it's a pleasure! Have a good first week of autumn, Ramona!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful celebrations! Thank you for reminding me that fall is upon us, and for sharing a tree that changes color !

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The discipline of pausing helps us find joy"(Amen) and reading Amy's poem here really speak to me this day. Thankful for those words. How fun to be there when Josh got the grand prize and I am sure he was happy you were there, too. Fall is my favorite season and even though it was blazing hot here in Southern California last week signs are appearing even here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fall colors are fantastic. The celebrations keep us warm when the temperature drops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous fall colours on that tree. Fall is always my favourite season!

    ReplyDelete