Sunday, March 15, 2015

2015 SOLSC 15/31: Telling our Story in Pics

                                    Today I join my fellow bloggers in "serving up a slice" 
to the Slice of Life (SOL) community.
Thanks to Stacey, Tara, Betsy, Dana, Beth, and Anna
for hosting this meeting place each day in March
                                                      and for nurturing our writing lives.


Sharing some pics from our book club retreat on Friday and Saturday:
Friends in search of a lighthouse!
A walk along the beach yields no lighthouse, instead
the ranger tells of us about a "lightbox" on the bluff and
declines to give us a $99 ticket for exhibiting
the wrong pass (thank goodness)!



A fellow bibliophile on a sidewalk
outside a business
My traveling buddies - big smiles to match the sunshine

Someone offers to take a pic of yours truly!
Serious discussions over next year's book calendar
So many good books and only 12 can make the cut!
Almost time for Lisa's lemon cheesecake!
Ten of our lively group of twelve,
one left early to attend a wedding
and one took the picture.
Three book club friends, each expecting child #3,
Due dates in May, July, and September (pictured left to right)
Reluctant to leave, we chat outside for awhile!
We love visiting with members of our club who
have moved away, but still join us for the retreat!
Back from the retreat - my minimalist friend shows
me how to travel light (note her book themed bags).
Not divulging the # of bags I took, but it exceeded two! 

5 comments:

  1. What a fun time! I am so envious of your book club. Do you divulge the list to others? I would love to see what you chose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh Anne, happy to share as soon as I get a copy. We're an eclectic group, so always an interesting list.

      Delete
  2. A weekend away with book friends, what a great time! A scary moment when you might get a $99 ticket, but thankful for the kind officer. Loved all the pics!
    BTW, my camera is a Canon Power Shot SX 210 IS, it has a great zoom (14x) feature, but you have to be really still to get a clear shot. Something I struggle with when I zoom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This weekend looks like so much fun. Good friends, good conversation, superb scenery. And of course, good books! These are the weekends that keep us going. You are taking a page from Elsie by keeping us going with pictures :). I tried that out, too, in the slice I will post tomorrow. And, I'm glad you got out of the ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect weekend! I'm curious what book you were reading!

    ReplyDelete