Saturday, June 27, 2015

Celebrate This Week!

    Join us each weekend for Celebrate this week with Ruth Ayres.  
 When we pause to celebrate, we find the joy.
Discover. Play. Build.
  A week filled with moments to celebrate and remember!

I'm visiting my friend Jolene in Idaho.  A few highlights from our time together:

1.  Jolene showed Sara how to use her long-arm quilting machine to complete the quilt she made for Will's graduation.  Jolene helped me make tied quilts for both my kids when they headed off to college.  It's always good to have a friend who quilts!
Jolene and Sara in action.  They sent me to bed at 11.
The next day Sara said binding the quilt would take about two movies.  
She finished before the second movie was over!
In between movies, we kayaked on Emerald Lake
(Sara claims that Walt and Jolene are the only people on 
earth who could persuade her mother to get into a kayak),
 and Sara tried paddle boarding for the first time! 
 
Will shows off his graduation quilt!
  
2.  I'd forgotten how busy life is in a household with teenagers.  Jake was off to driver's ed every morning, then had to be picked up for work, and picked up after work.  He finished driver's ed and received his official permit on Friday.
Jake chauffeured us to the movie last night. He's a fine driver,
(currently working on those six months/fifty hours of supervised driving).  
Lauren's been busy.  Hanging out with friends, sleepovers,  yoga on paddle boards, working at the regatta, and working in her dad's office.  She breezes
through occasionally for showers and refueling.

Even though this didn't happen during my visit, I'm fascinated
by this geodesic dome that Justin designed and constructed. 
with his family over Thanksgiving break a couple of years ago.
Jolene and I had fun brainstorming ways they could use it. 
Jake and Justin in front of the dome

3.  Jolene and I have enjoyed
shopping, eating (lunch out every day + Jolene's fabulous cooking),
 talking, laughter, more talking, tears, and stories galore. 
Today we took a morning walk along the river. 
Snake River
Love the sky in this picture!
4.  My four days at the Graham's home remind me of a song 
I learned as a Brownie in girl scouting: 
"Make new friends, but keep the old,
One is silver, and the other gold."

Today I celebrate a friendship that is almost 30 years old, even though we
only spent four of those years living near each other.   

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely summer you are having! I have not thought of that Girl Scout song for years but it still rings true! Thank you for chronicling and sharing your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing all the pictures with your descriptions, Ramona. It looks like such a wonderful four days. You packed so much into them. And I'm intrigued by that wonderful dome, too. They are amazing. I wonder if they'll use it for a 2nd home? Have another good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading about your celebrations! Your time in Idaho sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some grand adventures already! Happy summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snippets and pictures portray a great summer week in a company of wonderful people. The yoga on paddle board pic followed by the pic of the geodesic dome made me say "Wow."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fun with friends! You should be worn out with all your traveling and activities. Thanks for the peek into your life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I had known that you were a quilter, we would have had another thing to talk about at AllWrite. I have been quilting for over 15 years. It was my therapy when my kids were young. I love sharing my quilts with family and friends. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete