Sunday, July 5, 2015

Celebrate This Week!

Join us each weekend for Celebrate this week with Ruth Ayres.  
 When we pause to celebrate, we find the joy.
Discover. Play. Build.
  A week filled with moments to celebrate and remember!

1.  A package arrived from United!  
While on my way to All Write, I left a writing notebook/organizer
in the seat back pocket.  I'll spare you the details of my recovery attempt.  
But here's my lesson learned:
Check that seat back pocket for straggling items, check it again,
and then for good measure check it the 3rd time.
What else do you have to do while you wait to deplane?
Oh, I forgot, you're on your phone!

2.  Early morning walks with friends!
Mountain's out!
I used to walk early in Texas in an attempt to beat the heat.
This week our WA heat has us heading out at 6 am.
Sure hope this streak of sunny days and hot weather ends before too long . . .
it's abnormal!
Two spider webs!

3.  Summer reading fun for grown-ups!
I know I wrote about this on Tuesday, but I simply must celebrate it too! 
Check out Seattle Public Library's offering for adults, Summer Book Bingo.

4.  A hike to Twin Falls!
Lance made time for a midweek hike.  Sara and Will joined us.  Guidebook failed to mention that much of hike was along I-90 corridor.  I like quiet when I hike, but we did get this reward halfway through!  Climbing out was easier than I expected.  


4.  Daughter declutters with me for two hours on Friday!
A delicious gift of self, Sara arrived to help with the piles of papers
I'm attempting to weed through in the spare bedroom.   It's embarrassing
to tell you how many articles on decluttering we recycled.
Sara allowed me to handle each page as we bid farewell to it.  

5.  Holiday fun with family!
Sara and Will met us for a movie, joined us for dinner, 
played a few hands of cards, and enjoyed this patriotic dessert of fruit pizza. 


3 comments:

  1. Despite the heat, it sounds like a wonderful week of outdoor things. I'm glad you got your notebook back! Imi left a little doll at the airport gate, & we're still waiting for it. So happy you're having fun with Sara & her husband! And, I just finished going through papers, at least it's manageable. More books today! Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your week. Love the patriotic pizza. Wish I had seen it yesterday, my grandchildren would have loved it. I am filing the idea away for Labor Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always admire when decluttering makes a list of celebrations. Clutter is a monster that likes to return. Your outdoor time looks beautiful. The spider pic especially. Well snapped scene. :)

    ReplyDelete