Thursday, March 31, 2016

SOLC 2016 31/31: Surprised by Flowers!

Today I join my fellow bloggers in "serving up a slice" 
to the Slice of Life (SOL) community.
Thanks to Stacey, Tara, Betsy, Dana, Beth, and Anna
for hosting this meeting place each day in March
and for nurturing our writing lives.


WOO HOO!  We made it to March 31st!  Another year of slicing every day.  This is my fifth year to participate.  Last year I joined the welcome wagon.  This year I didn't (too many other commitments this month), but I set a goal to comment on every person's blog at least once.  Guess what?  I didn't reach that goal, but I'm keeping the list and if you show up on Tuesdays, I'll eventually get around to you.  The problem is that I can't read just one post and comment.  When I meet a new blogger friend, I frequently back up to read prior  posts and before you know it, the window of time I allotted to commenting has disappeared. 

I just spent a few minutes revisiting my posts for the the month.  My first slice,  A Glance Back to Remember, looks back at first day of March slices for the past four years.   Books and poetry topped my list of writing topics for this month (no surprises there).  Other topics I wrote about this month include substituting, my OLW, Downton Abbey, virtual friends. my play date with a two-year old, and of course plenty of photos and writing about spring's arrival.  A surprise race theme (I'm not athletic!) emerged one weekend.  The post that received the least love was A Guest at Book Club probably due to the lateness of the post (check out our cute guest).  The post I enjoyed writing the most was A Slippery, Salty Slope.  I borrowed the Before That format from another blogger and celebrated simple pleasures in another post.  I'll leave you with one last glimpse of springtime captured last night on an evening stroll!



On a search for sunset splendor
I walk from pocket park to pocket park.
This colorful parade waves me over,
tucked beside a driveway
as I stroll between parks!

5 comments:

  1. I think it's wonderful the way you take the time to reach out to all the slicers. That is very meaningful. Your poem is a perfect conclusion on this beautiful spring day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another year passes. I think the month seems to be getting shorter, I can't believe we are at the end. I know exactly what you mean about reading back posts when you find one that speaks to you. I'm glad we've connected here and in life. Your comments mean a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commend you for taking the challenge to comment on everyone's blog. I am ashamed to say that I can only get to a small handful each night but there is always next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris, I can do this because I'm retired. But this March ended up being much too busy for me to reach my goal. Still, I'm hoping to continue trying.

      Delete
  4. You made new kinds of goals this year & that's great, Ramona. I read some new bloggers, but just couldn't get to too many more. I value what you share and that you comment and connect Ramona. It seems like we're old friends, but just can't go for lovely walks together except virtually! I always love your pictures and these flowers are no exception. Happy Slicing and Poetry Month!

    ReplyDelete