Join us each weekend for Celebrate This Week with Ruth Ayres.
When we pause to celebrate, we find the joy.
A week filled with moments to celebrate and remember.
Things to celebrate about a road trip to Idaho with my daughter, Sara:
1. A cooler full of fresh fruit
2. Seven books stashed in my bags
3. Time for a shared read aloud (The BFG)
4. A stop in Pendleton, OR for a delicious lunch
(Sara remembered this spot from her rotation there.)
5. An air-conditioned car (It was 106 degrees outside.)
6. Delightful friends and delicious food at the end of the road
(Sara is visiting Carson and family and I'm at the Grahams.)
(Ever had Snickerdoodle Blondie Bars?)
7. A quilting focus for today with a stop at the quilting store
and an evening for Sara and Jolene to quilt
(My friend Jolene has a long-arm quilting machine. Sara has a quilt she wants to finish. Sara and Jolene share the quilting addiction.
I visit with the two of them while they quilt.
And when they quilt far into the night?
I leave them to it and head to bed.)
8. A friendship begun over thirty years ago
that continues to sustain and enrich our lives
(The Grahams come to Washington in December!)
9. Teddy's one month birthday on Friday!
Stefi shared these words and this pic -
"Cheers to being one month old! Teddy is calm, alert, and sweet. He makes funny growling noises when he is starving and nursing -
earning him the nickname bear cub."