Saturday, October 1, 2016

Poetry Friday: Irene Latham's Poetry for Grown-ups

Head over to Karen Edmisten's blog
for this week's round-up of poetic goodness.  
Thanks, Karen, for hosting!

In preparation for Irene Latham's visit to my former middle school, I decided that I should acquaint myself with some of her adult poetry.  I ordered this volume of verse.  
It's delightfully small and perfect for tucking into a bag for a poetry break.  Unfortunately, the events of the past week have not allowed me the time to read all the poems.  Instead, I've been picking it up at random moments and perusing it one poem at a time.  
This one is my favorite so far!
More about Irene's visit and presentations to come in later blog posts.  It's time for me to head to Poetry Camp at Western Washington University!                   

6 comments:

  1. oh. this caught me off guard. the sadness. but also beauty. I can hear the waves watching all of this with in and out sighs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stanza breaks in this set the the poem poised so delicately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ramona, thank you for sharing this poem! My grandmother was a huge influence in my life, and I still miss her every day. I am flooded with memories seeing the poem here. Thank you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ramona, thank you for sharing this poem! My grandmother was a huge influence in my life, and I still miss her every day. I am flooded with memories seeing the poem here. Thank you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this could be my favorite, also. Thanks for sharing Irene's beautiful thoughts.

    ReplyDelete