Saturday, June 17, 2017

Celebrate This Week!

 Join us each weekend for Celebrate This Week with Ruth Ayres.

When we pause to celebrate, we find the joy.
Discover. Play. Build. 

   A week filled with moments to celebrate and remember.

Celebrating grandsons, books, family, and poetry this week!

Friday was better!  Jack's parents are sleep training my sweet boy which means that Grandma is also supporting that effort.  Wednesday was wickedly challenging for me, but Friday was filled with smiles and snuggles and giggles and lots of rollovers,  and three short naps.  I'm sure one would have been much longer if that 
doggone garbage truck hadn't come by!

 Jack's big yawn . . .  almost nap time.

 Teddy's first trip to the National Zoo!
This boy has a 1st birthday next week!

I came home from Friday's battle with the traffic and escaped upstairs to finish Lauren Wolk's new book, Beyond the Bright Sea.
I loved Wolf Hollow, but I adore this new book.
Add it to your summer reading list!  
And I'm wondering, will there be a sequel?  
Just did a little research on that
and here's the answer from an interview with the author -
"...the characters of Crow, Osh and Maggie remain very much on her mind. 'They’re wonderful, wonderful misfits,' Wolk says. 'I miss them terribly. So maybe I’ll write a sequel.'"
I'm crossing my fingers for that maybe to become a certainty.  


Niece Kara and I enjoyed our nightly ritual of watching Call the Midwives.  She's new to the series and I loved re-watching the episodes with her.  She headed home to Oklahoma on Thursday.  And texted me last night with a pic of the screen as she and her mom settled in to watch the midwives.  She mentioned that she 
needs to come back every June.  I'll be ready!

I managed to get back to Poetry Friday yesterday.  I do love
hanging out and learning with these poetry loving friends!

6 comments:

  1. I have been terrible about keeping up with my blog reading so I had to go back a few posts. First of all - Happy Belated Birthday! For someone who is retired, you sure are busy! What a nice visit with your niece! I have Beyond the Bright Sea in my cart because I, too, loved Wolf Hollow. Maybe I need to hit that purchase button! Have a great weekend, Ramona.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday, Ramona - and thanks for sharing about Wolk's new book. I loved Wolf Hollow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read Beyond The Bright Sea and it is on my list. Glad the baby stuff is settling. It does take time, as I'm sure you know. Your visit with your niece sounds very fun, and it could be an annual visit! Happy rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The time with little ones and books - a long and lasting celebration. I look at my nephew (as old as Teddy), and I don't understand how he grew from a baby to one year old so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ramona, your life is full and each week I see your love grow for your grandchildren. This week, I start the journey. Little Sierra Kathryn is finally here and I am struck by grandmother love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snuggles and giggles...How perfect!

    ReplyDelete