Sunday, August 20, 2017

Celebrate This Week

Join us each weekend for Celebrate This Week with Ruth Ayres.

When we pause to celebrate, we find the joy.
Discover. Play. Build. 

   A week filled with moments to celebrate and remember.


 Breakfast with two friends
and a walk afterwards! 

Jack's first camping trip!

A late birthday gift filled with pics of Teddy arrived this week!
They take him from 23 weeks to 14 1/2 months.  
I celebrate Stefi's photographs and
Blake's FaceTime calls that keep me connected.  

My heart continues to be heavy about racism and intolerance in our country.  I've collected many resources for educators in my
Tuesday Slice of Life and continue to add to this list. 
I'm celebrating that Joyce Sidman gave me permission
to include her entire poem "Starting Now"on the blog post.

A card arrived from blogger and friend, Linda Baie!
Real mail is always cause for celebration.

A friend and I saw the documentary, "Step."  I celebrate the educators and parents who invested in these young girls' lives
to help them be successful and college ready.

After being shrouded in plastic for most of the week, the painter finished on Friday.  I headed to the finished deck on Saturday with a mug of hot chocolate and my book.  Cooler weather has returned to the Pacific NW and I'm celebrating daily! 

Oh, and I almost forgot . . . sweet, juicy, homegrown tomatoes!  

5 comments:

  1. So much joy in your post. From breakfast to tomatoes. Glad that the cool is settling in. I am cherishing our foggy mornings and hoping for a less than heatwave filled September. And if I hadn't already mentioned this on an earlier post, thank you for the resources.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are celebrating daily-as you should, Ramona. You have much to applaud, especially Jack and Teddy. I love the grandbaby photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at those baby grins! Something to celebrate indeed!!! (That and the homegrown tomatoes too! My little tomato plant didn't do so well this year, so I have been buying them at the farmers market. They're good... but it isn't the same!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to take the next plane to Seattle. Not only great eclipse viewing, but also cool temps. We are sweltering. Love your celebrations. I didn't get a chance to write this weekend. I hope in the next few weeks I can get into the groove of school and find some me time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for linking back to your Slice from Tue. You have so many celebrations here. Thanks for sharing photos of those amazing smiles.

    ReplyDelete