Thursday, October 5, 2017

Spiritual Journey First Thursday: Small Steps

Welcome to Spiritual Journey First Thursday, a group of friends who blog together each month about our spiritual journeys.  Hugs and gratitude to Irene Latham for gathering us to learn and share together each month.  Maya selected our topic for this month - how small steps lead to big change.  

I looked at quotes about small steps, a post by Leo Babuta, and a post I wrote a couple of years ago about my OLW, stretch.  I collected my thoughts and the ones I've borrowed into these powerful four word sentences. 

Small steps every day.
Pick one tiny action.
Rejoice in baby steps.
Celebrate every tiny victory. 
Improve little by little.
It can change everything.

I think I need to print them out and post them as a constant reminder that big change happens when I remember to focus on small steps and tiny actions.  And when I ask for help from the Savior who knows me in all my weaknesses and still loves me and yearns for my growth.  I want to trust His word which assures me:  "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."  (Philippians 4:13)

2 comments:

  1. Ramona, believing in the power of faith seems to get me through changes that come. Yes, I too recognize that small steps are needed so today's job is to pick up my husband from the hospital where he had his first successful surgery in a series of small steps (subsequent procedure & surgery) to recover his health. Thanks for letting me stop back and reflect today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Small steps! Yes! What powerful words. Definitely print-worthy. It helps me to remember that all I really have is this moment... don't think too far ahead (or else I get overwhelmed!). xo

    ReplyDelete