Saturday, November 18, 2017

Celebrate This Week: A Smorgasbord of Joy!

Join us each weekend for Celebrate This Week with Ruth Ayres.

When we pause to celebrate, we find the joy.
Discover. Play. Build. 

   A week filled with moments to celebrate and remember.

Friends
I suffer from decision paralysis.  I've been trying to decide on a new artificial Christmas tree and ended up with two in my trunk.  Monday, I met Karen and Shelly for shopping and lunch.  Our first stops were to show them the two trees.  They immediately decided on the tree at our second stop (how can some people be so decisive?). I was able to return the other tree that same day. We have another outing planned for next week.  

Generator
It's a given that high winds mean that we will lose power.  Some years ago my husband decided that we needed a generator that hooked up to the house and would kick in when we lost power. At the time, I thought it was a huge extravagance. But each time we have stormy weather and lose power, I'm grateful for this generator. I was even able to dry some clothes for a friend who still did not have power 24 hours later.

Tweets from NCTE
I love reading tweets and seeing pics from NCTE. I'm looking forward to blog posts that recap the learning from my blogger friends!

Busy Boys
Jack loves playing with these farm animals, a shower gift from a good friend who knows about toys that matter.  
Teddy's been busy the past two weeks with his three cousins in Utah who just welcomed baby girl #4 into their family.  

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and celebrate the moments and stories you will share with family and friends!

6 comments:

  1. It's been a special week. I am enjoying the tweets from NCTE and learning virtually. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decision paralysis! Glad I’m not the only one.
    Smart husband- now that’s a celebration!
    Cute toys- I might be looking for those for a Christmas gift. And a sweet picture of cousins together! I’ve been enjoying NCTE via Twitter, too. Isn’t it amazing all the places we can go while sitting at home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can appreciate friends and good decisions. Busy boys are always make my favourite celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A generator is on my list of things for the farm, where we lose power more often than I care to remember. I'm enjoying those NCTE tweets, too. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Ramona!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always good to have friends to help with those decisions! I know I need that same help. :-) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ramona,
    What a perfect title for Thanksgiving week! Thanks for taking the time to collect your celebrations.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete