Sunday, March 27, 2016

SOLC 2016 27/31: An Acrostic for My OLW

Today I join my fellow bloggers in "serving up a slice" 
to the Slice of Life (SOL) community.
Thanks to Stacey, Tara, Betsy, Dana, Beth, and Anna
for hosting this meeting place each day in March
and for nurturing our writing lives.


A quiet word, a 
Believing word, 
Inviting me to
Delight in His gift 
Encircled by His everlasting love.

I visit my OLW each 5th Tuesday throughout the year.  But I decided today that it's a perfect word for Easter Sunday.  This word lodged in my heart and claimed me for 2016, but I'm still trying to discover what it means for me this year.  I spoke briefly about abiding in my field in January.  

Today I'm thinking about abiding in faith.  I love the story of Zacchaeus who climbs up in a tree to see Jesus because he's so short.  And then Jesus looks up into the tree, sees him and says, "Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for today I must abide at thy house.  And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully."

Am I ready so that Jesus abides with me?   Do I delight in His word and receive Him joyfully in my home ?  Or do the cares of the world interfere with my ability to receive His gift so freely given, to cherish His words and to spend time in prayer?  I yearn to abide in faith, to count myself with Zacchaeus and others who made haste and received the Savior joyfully.    

6 comments:

  1. It's a lovely way to consider what your OLW means to you, Ramona. Just the thoughtful ness here must give you comfort on this day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great day to reflect on you OLW! Enjoy this gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Ramona. Your word isn't "one little word." It is the essence of life. Like your acrostic. I will be stopping by on 5th Tuesdays if I can remember. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that your post ends with questions. I have found that our questions often bring us closer to God, more so than our answers. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect day to revisit your OLW and I like the connections you've included. I've been wanting to share my OLW so thank you for the inspiration. I think I will use an acrostic too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A perfect word for today. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete