Sunday, June 5, 2011

48 HBC - Paddling Around, but definitely in over my head!



Still reading Major Pettigrew's Last Stand.
Finished Inside Out and Back Again  - I picked up this novel-in-verse from the library this week after reading about it on another blog.  Ha leaves Saigon on a boat with her mother and three brothers as Vietnam falls.  The family ends up in Alabama. This book (based on the author's own experiences) brought to mind the students I've taught who have arrived in the US as immigrants and encountered language and cultural challenges.
I wish I had remembered that audio books count, since I spent a lot of time in the car today.  I set out a Harry Potter for tomorrow since I'll be driving my husband to the airport.
Thanks to those of you who posted encouragement to this newbie!

Hours logged reading - 4 hrs.
Pages read - 334
Books completed - 1
Networking - 1 hr.

No comments:

Post a Comment