Thursday, April 27, 2023

Poetry Friday: Adoration

I went to grandson's classroom on Thursday to celebrate Poem in Your Pocket Day. I donned my apron of many pockets filled with poems to share with the class. On the way home, I kept stopping to capture spring pics and felt inspired to write this ode to spring.  

Ruth, who blogs at There is no such thing as a God-forsaken town, is hosting Poetry Friday this week with two wonderful poems about chairs and an invitation to pull up a chair and sit a while. Be sure to stop by and add your poetic fun to the round-up.


Adoration

 

Any short jaunt

requires attempts

to capture beauty. 

 

The blossoms call,

our days are numbered.

Lime green leaves 

wave me over.

Brilliant red requires

me to stop and revel.

Camellias provide

a doorstop welcome.

Blue skies wrap  

me in wonderment. 


Spring surrounds

and envelops me

in marvelment. 

 

- Ramona Behnke

14 comments:

  1. Lime green leaves wave me over… love that line (who am I kidding? I love them all!) And the photos!!

    I had a wonderful time at Highlights-
    Irene sends you greetings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm digitizing my files and ran across one of your poems from August 2013, "Seen While Driving to School: A list Poem"

      Delete
    2. Hoping to hear more about Highlights soon.

      Delete
  2. What gorgeous photos! Spring certainly does envelop in marvelment, doesn’t it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely celebration of spring surrounding us, the flowers, leaves, and all the "wonderment" around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun in the classroom, Ramona! I wrote about wanting spring today & here is your post, a gift of spring! I love the varied ways you write about stopping & looking: "Lime green leaves /wave me over." Happy spring indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Adoration" what a beautiful title. Last April I spent a week in Seattle and your poem reminded me of it even before I saw the photos. What a glorious spring you are having.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely, lovely place you're in, and I, too, would "adore," stop, and revel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooooooh and ahhhhs to your poem of lime green leaves and brilliant reds. I love seeing them illustrated in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ramona, you brought wonderment and marvelment from your home to mine. This line provided the invitation to see Spring through your eyes: Camellias provide a doorstop welcome. Will you add this poem and a few photos to Springsations Gallery Padlet? I hope so. See: https://padlet.com/cvarsalona/springsations-gallery-of-artistic-expressions-vol-2-for-npm--kf5c2nia2mez8d1n. I think the lines in the poem will need to be closer together to transfer it to the padlet. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this colorful beauty, Ramona!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, Ramona! The poem and the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your camelias' " doorstop welcome" -- so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. marvelment is an awesome word and way to end the poem. Such pretty flower illustrations!

    ReplyDelete