Thursday, September 7, 2023

Spiritual Journey Thursday: Grace Abides

Patricia Franz  is hosting this month's Spiritual Journey Thursday 
 with her post, Life at the Speed of Grace. Feel free to join us
 in responding to Patricia's invitation.

I was touched by Patricia's post that spoke of Grace as her shorthand for God. She shared these encouraging words and spoke of "learning to live life at the speed of Grace, letting God catch me surprise me, love me, right where I am."

In a world that is filled with frenzy and frenetic action, we can sense grace (God) by slowing down. I literally felt the slowing down, the surrender to peace in Patricia's poem "Receiving Grace."  Her final words, "grace abides" remind me of a favorite poem, "Everyday Grace" by Stella Nesanovich,

 "It can happen . . . 

anywhere we share stories,

and grace flows between us."

These lines make me think of our everyday actions and contemplate how we can be conduits for grace in the world.

"Suddenly an ordinary day

becomes holy ground."

You can read  "Everyday Grace." at The Poetry Foundation.

I can sum up my thoughts with these three lines borrowed from the two poems:

Grace abides

Grace flows

The ordinary becomes holy.

Thank you, Patricia, for this peek at surrendering and letting go so that Grace can find us.

No comments:

Post a Comment