Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Spiritual Journey Thursday: Gathering Gladness

It's Spiritual Journey Thursday, an open gathering for bloggers who write monthly about our spiritual journeys. I am hosting this month with the theme of A Glad Heart.

This post was complete and while trying to figure out Inlinkz, I lost all of it. So here I go again! 

I chose the theme of a glad heart and then tweaked it a bit to incorporate my OLW for 2023, gather.

One of my favorite poems is Mary Oliver's, "When I Am Among the Trees." I'll share the first stanza, but you can read the entire poem in Devotions: Selected Poems of Mary Oliver (p. 123).

"When I am among the trees, 

especially the willows and the honey locust,

equally the beech, the oaks and the pines,

they give off such hints of gladness.

I would almost say that they save me, and daily."

My favorite way to "gather gladness" is to go on a walk, phone in my pocket, paying attention, ready to capture pictures of the beauty that surrounds me. The purpose for this morning's walk was to gather "hints of gladness" for this post. Come stroll with me!

"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." Psalm 126:3

 "My mouth is filled with your praise, declaring your splendor all day long." Psalm 71:8

 "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again. Rejoice!" Philippians 4:4

 I look forward to reading your posts and being inspired by your spiritual journeys.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment