Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Slice of Life: Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want to Read a Book!

Today I join my fellow bloggers in "serving up a slice" 
to the Tuesday Slice of Life (SOL) community.
Thanks to Stacey, Betsy, Beth, Kathleen, Deb, Lisa, Melanie, and Lanny
                   for hosting this meeting place each Tuesday and nurturing our writing lives.

Laura is a blogger that I love to follow.  She's a librarian and posts at Literacious. Last month she had a post for Top Ten Tuesday: Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want to Read a Book.  I was intrigued by the title for the post and so I grabbed my notebook to jot down my own list before reading her post.


Here's my list of the things that will
make me instantly want to read a book:  
 A rainy day
 A world clothed in white 
  A spot of sunshine on the deck
  A comfy chair
  A plate of warm cookies just out of the oven
 A cozy blanket
  An airplane trip
  An appointment (love the wait time!)
  A library visit
  A recommendation from a friend

And then I opened up Laura's blog post.  It's filled with the types of books that are attractive to her.  Totally different take from mine on
"things that will make me instantly want to read a book".
How about you?  What are the things that
make you instantly want to read a book?

And I'm adding two additional posts that I discovered from Laura's blog while searching for her Top Ten Tuesday post
to pair with my list: 

Importance of Reading to Babies - I'm Granny nanny
for grandson Jack who is almost four months old.  
You can be sure that we read many books.

How random can it be to create a book list based on the
color of the covers?
It reminds me of the trend from a few years ago
 when so many books had shoes on the covers.  
I love turquoise too!  I've only read two of these books - 
The Honest Truth and The Thing about Jellyfish.  
But I just ordered A Crack in the Sea  as a Newbery possibility 
for our book club next fall.  So I'll be reading it this summer.

I'm happy to have shared some posts from Laura, the librarian,
at Literacious!   Do you have some favorite bloggers
outside of our Slice of Life community?    

3 comments:

  1. What an interesting list to make. You've given me something to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A world clothed in white" invites to read poetry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, first I put 'A Crack In the Sea' on my list. The things that make me want to read a book: friend reviews are first, reviews from a few publishers next, books by favorite authors. As for your approach, I love that "world clothed in white", wish that a snowstorm would keep me home & then I would read, read & read. Great ideas for lists, Ramona.

    ReplyDelete