Today I join my fellow bloggers in "serving up a slice"
to the Tuesday Slice of Life (SOL) community.
Thanks to Stacey, Tara, Betsy, Dana, Beth, and Anna
for hosting this meeting place each Tuesday
We had a 4 1/2 hour drive to the airport this morning. We believe in arriving early and building in time for problems that could crop up. Hubby's flight leaves two hours before my flight. And yes, we were supposed to return home together, but the death of my best friend's mother (udder mudder) changed my travel plans.
Things to do when you arrive at the airport 5 1/2 hours before your flight departs:
1. Check in rental car. Get reduced rate for a one day earlier return. Check once, twice, three times to be sure you didn't leave anything behind. Hey, there's no rush to make a flight that is hours away.
2. Take rental car shuttle to airport.
3. Walk the entire terminal in search of food options. Result - few choices. Decide on light lunch - splitting a healthy sandwich and an unhealthy bag of chips with hubby. Why is airport food so unappetizing? And why are there no restaurants or gas stations in close proximity to airports?
4. Call brother and share flight information with him. He'll be driving three hours to pick me up and yes, it's three hours back to his house tonight.
5. Call BFF to let her know that I can help out tomorrow, available for any task that she assigns to me.
6. Call brother to secure guest room for udder mudder's granddaughters.
7. Charge computer.
8. Check bag. You can't check it until four hours before flight time - bet you didn't know that.
9. Walk laps in the airport.
10. Compose Slice of Life.
11. Charge phone.
12. Walk some more. I didn't walk much in KS. It was too hot! But I enjoyed great food.
13. When I hit 10,000 steps, I'll stop to comment on blogs.
14. Be grateful the AC in the airport terminal is working!
15. Remember that Circus Mirandus is in my carry-on bag. This may interfere with my planned activity of reading and commenting on blogs!
16. Discover that I can't publish the post. Silly airport WiFi! Off to get in those steps. Flight time is creeping closer.
17. Stop to save this post in Word (in case it gets lost in blogger).
18. Whew! Different spot in airport allows me to save and publish. Time to get back to those steps.