Saturday, February 6, 2016

Celebrate This Week - A Post of a Special Number!

Join us each weekend for Celebrate This Week with Ruth Ayres.
When we pause to celebrate, we find the joy. 
Discover. Play. Build.
                        A week filled with moments to celebrate and remember!


1.  Sara's stack of possibilities for beach reading (before weeding) for her trip to Hawaii!
Like mother, like daughter.
Our toughest travel decisions are always which books to pack!
2.  Neighborhood connections!
Our mailboxes were broken into over the weekend.  In the process of scheduling the replacement of our locks, I communicated with the entire lane.  And then each of them had to stop by to pick up their new keys and pay their part of the repair bill.  
It felt a bit like Halloween as I walked to the door
with the container of keys in plastic bags to distribute.
We need to get together more often!

3.  This blue sky as I left daughter's house on Tuesday!

4.  These cookie bars that traveled with me to school on Friday!  
It was fun to share with my former colleagues as I substituted in sixth grade.
I squeezed in a picture book (Mother Bruce) and shared a poem for Poetry Friday!

5.  My 500th post!  
It's an amazing journey to write with my online friends.
My life as a writer was born on my blog and is

 nurtured by your comments and ongoing support.  

7 comments:

  1. The image of Halloween while handing out the keys is so much fun. Glad you were able to find the lining in the cloud of the robberies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 500 posts! (I'm not there, yet.) Yum, those bars look good! Plus Mother Bruce is pretty funny. Why can't everyone be law abiding citizens? Glad you found a silver lining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for 500 posts, Ramona. Quite a feat of wonderful words, traveling so many places! That pillow is awesome! Love that your daughter loves to read too. Mine is now nearly always Kindle based, just fills it up. I do that some, but still like the book in hand! Can you share the brownie bar recipe. I like to try new ones! Glad you got the mailboxes fixed fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum those bars look great. Not a fun reason to reconnect, but it sounds like you enjoyed the conversations the break in brought about. Congrats on the post milestone. That is a lot of sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, look at all those books! That is awesome! Congrats also on your 500th post and for all the connections you've made (like me!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is so much of a celebratory tone on your blog today, Ramona. Yummy food and a great pillow too...

    ReplyDelete