Saturday, May 21, 2016

Celebrate This Week

 Join us each weekend for Celebrate This Week with Ruth Ayres. 
                                                             When we pause to celebrate, we find the joy.
Discover. Play. Build.
A week filled with moments to celebrate and remember. 

1.  Michael saved the day!
I created a secret Facebook page for my sister's milestone birthday.  I contacted family and friends requesting that they post memories and pics on the page.  I was hoping for at least 70 posts.  But it was my nephew Michael who stepped up and added many memories and pics on Sunday that helped us reach that significant number in time for her birthday on Monday.
Thanks, Michael!  
Michael and Kay (his mom, my sis)
2.  Thank you, Facebook!
I try hard not to get sucked into FB.  But I'm glad that I clicked on FB Monday morning
and saw the reminder about Janet Wong's presentation at the Sammamish Library.
You can read about it on my Poetry Friday post.  

3.  Thank you, Sara!
Sara came over on Friday and we tackled more paper piles.
I'm always thankful for her help.

4.  Red winged blackbirds, and ducks, and herons, oh my!
I was planning to join Sara for a walk in the wetlands this morning.
So I just showed up a bit earlier and made pancakes before
Will left on his hike and we left on our walk.  
It's wet and rainy, but I loved seeing and hearing lots of birds.
Heron from the bridge

Heron from the grass

Heron in flight

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, Ramona! I never thought about using Facebook for a special event celebration. What a super idea. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love reading through your lists, Ramona. Sharing your happy highlights makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know how I missed this yesterday, but I did! I love that you had that Janet Wong time, too. Love your idea of the secret FB page-lovely surprise. And the pictures, again, are wonderful. Have a wonderful Sunday, Ramona.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very thankful post! Love your bird photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun to be able to get that close to the Heron. Great pix.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful secret that you kept, Ramona. How special. Your photos with the heron are stunning. Would you be interested in choosing one to offer to my spring gallery? Thanks. (I don't see herons here on Long Island.)

    ReplyDelete