Saturday, October 15, 2016

Celebrate This Week!

Join us each weekend for Celebrate This Week with Ruth Ayres. 
                                                         When we pause to celebrate, we find the joy.
Discover. Play. Build.
A week filled with moments to celebrate and remember

I love fall color and these words from James Whitcomb Riley:

"...But the air’s so appetizin’; and the landscape through the haze 
Of a crisp and sunny morning of the airly autumn days 
Is a pictur’ that no painter has the colorin’ to mock— ..."

So I'm sharing pics I took just this past week
celebrating autumn, my favorite season of the year!
We had a few crisp and sunny mornings early in the week, 
but for now our days have turned to soggy and gray 
which seems to highlight the fall colors even more.  
I'm fearful that our predicted high winds will rip the colors
from the trees too soon which is why I take so many pictures. 

Come stroll with me!
Walking with Coleen near Rotary Park
Spotted on my way to the grocery store
Spotted circling block for previous picture
More autumnal bliss near Rotary Park

6 comments:

  1. I love your fall "words" shared, and of course all the pics, but that last one, that carpet-awesome. Enjoy your days and leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fall, too! I was recently in a conference where a hoity-toity type academic declared that James Whitcomb Riley wasn't a very good poet. I disagree. Who else would give us appetizing airly autumn?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking us on your stroll! We are not even close to seeing these colors yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The trees on our block are just beginning to turn. Your photos are like a fall teaser. I am looking forward to those stunning reds and yellows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Autumnal bliss for sure. I am still not seeing what you have on the west coast. I even traveled out east on Long Island today. I did catch a few trees of color but not enough to fill my car window with wonder. I will savor your pictures, Ramona. I would love it if you could collage them and add Autumnal Bliss with your name/location for my Autumnventure Gallery.

    ReplyDelete