Saturday, May 19, 2018

Celebrate This Week: Completed Commitments and Boys at Play!

Join us each weekend for Celebrate This Week with Ruth Ayres.

When we pause to celebrate, we find the joy.
Discover. Play. Build. 

   A week filled with moments to celebrate and remember.

Each week I join Ruth Ayres and a few friends
to celebrate the week and to focus on the
positive things that happened in the past week.

I missed posting this past week. This weekly celebration is a discipline that I look forward to each week. If you know me well, then you know that mentioning discipline and looking forward to something in the same sentence does not make sense. But I must admit that stopping to celebrate every week is a discipline that I've grown to love. 

This week I'm celebrating that three major commitments for the month of May are complete and finished - Our Evening of Prayer for Peace, a lesson/facilitated discussion for our ladies' group, and our congregation's yearly gathering of sisters on Mother's Day to focus on our ministering efforts to each other. 

I'm celebrating a lovely visit with grandson Teddy and his parents. I love that he talks so much and that I could understand more and more of what he said as the week wore on. He and Jack loved the "all about diggers" book I bought and shared with them this past week. 

I'm celebrating story time with Teddy at our local indie bookstore, Island Books. We're lucky that our storyteller, Nancy Stewart,  brings along her guitar for lots of songs to accompany her stories. Here's Teddy joining in for "Wheels on the Bus."
I'm celebrating these boys making music together!  We've picked a band name already - "Grandpa and His Boys."
I'm celebrating watching Jack and Teddy play together and share love together. And you know what? It doesn't get better than this!

3 comments:

  1. The band looks (and I am sure sounds) great. Yes, the brotherly love makes the top of the list of best things ever. I am glad you are celebrating. I too missed last week and it made me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boys are such a celebration. Your pictures make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best band ever! Ramona, I love seeing these two (three!) together, and I can feel the love in this post. What a sweet family -- and an inspiration, as I know it takes effort for you to gather since you are so spread geographically. Keep doing what you're doing. xo

    ReplyDelete