Wednesday, January 16, 2019

#MustReadin2019


I love participating with fellow book lovers in the #MustReadin(fill in the year) community. The group is led by Carrie Gelson who blogs at There's a Book for That. Check out her post for more information about participating in this community.

I apologize for lagging behind the group, but here's my long overdue list of a dozen #MustReadin2019 titles. I'm really hoping to do better this year than I did last year. (Hope springs eternal!)



1. Ghosts of Greenglass House by Kate Milford - Two of my good friends and fellow booklovers (who have moved away) get together via Google chat to discuss books.  Last year we read Greenglass House in January and waited for this winter and the post Christmas slowdown to tackle the sequel.  I'm halfway through this one and find myself reaching frequently for hot chocolate, just like I did with the first book. It's as good as the first, maybe even better! (I'll know that once I finish the last two hundred pages.)

The next five titles are carryovers that I failed to read from last year's list. And I still want to read them!
2.  A Handful of Stars by Cynthia Lord
3.  Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life by Wendy Mass
4.  Matylda Bright and Tender by Holly M. McGhee
5.  Ruby Holler by Sharon Creech
6.  Looking Back by Lois Lowry

I picked up the next four titles in Houston at NCTE in November:
 7.  Just Like Jackie by Lindsey Stoddard
 8.  Wonderland by Barbara O'Connor (this one is autographed)
 9.   The Size of the Truth by Andrew Smith
10.  The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise by Dan Gemeinhart

The last two titles have been on my shelves for a long time - unread! I hope to remedy that this year. Both are by authors I love and admire. 
11.  The Friendship Doll by Kirby Larson
12.  A Season of Gifts by Richard Peck (I've had this ARC since 2009.)  It's time I read it.  Don't you agree?  

I'm excited about this year's list. Now I'm off to read a few more pages of The Ghosts of Greenglass House (with the requisite cup of hot chocolate) before bed. 

Thanks, Carrie, for being our fearless leader and encourager!

2 comments:

  1. So excited you are back Ramona! I am hoping an autographed copy of Wonderland is in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of all your list, I've only read Wonderland & enjoyed it! What a lot of books there are to choose from. Coyote Sunrise is not on my list, but I plan to read it very soon! Great list, Ramona.

    ReplyDelete