Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Slice of Life: It Pays to Get Outside (Even When It's Raining)!

I grumbled a bit. It wasn't supposed to rain between 3 and 5. But that was when I checked the weather app this morning. We all know that the weather is a fickle friend. But my neighbor, Brenda, was not grumbling. She insisted that she didn't mind walking in the rain. I pulled up the hood of my jacket and pulled my head inside, turtle-like, as I responded to a phone call from my daughter, all while trying to keep my phone from getting wet. 

Suddenly, Brenda grabbed my arm and shouted, "Ramona!" I wasn't sure why she was so animated until I followed her gaze heavenward above the school playground. And there it was, the object of my neighbor's excitement!

A double rainbow! A perfect antidote for my afternoon grumblings. We both stopped to take a picture and then fairly danced the rest of the way home through the afternoon showers. Remember the next time you hesitate to walk in the rain, that sometimes there is treasure to be found when those droplets mix with a bit of sunshine!  

5 comments:

  1. I love that you got a double rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aahh, the moment. I like how the sight of the rainbow twisted the attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that there are some wonders of nature that always stop us in our tracks, no matter how many times we might have seen them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning, Ramona! There is always AWE waiting to be found <3

    ReplyDelete