Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Slice of Life: Blossoms!

Two weeks ago we ventured to the park on a blustery January morning with grandson Ollie. On our return to the parking lot, a spot of yellow lifted my spirits. 

 

I intended to write an elfchen, an 11 word poem. Then I discovered it's supposed to adhere to a specific structure. I didn't follow that structure, but my structure reminded me of a diamante poem. So I married the two forms. Meet my elfchante!

 

Winter

swirls brown

 leaves. Yellow curtsies

to brown, harbinger of

spring.

- Ramona Behnke

8 comments:

  1. Diane Anderson (newtreemom)
    I’ll take a harbinger of Spring in any form!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lovely! Great little poem and love the signs of spring! Can you tell me the names of those cute little guys?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's forsythia. The pic is not too clear because it was breezy and the branch wouldn't stay still. I'll pop by the park to see if I can get a better shot.

      Delete
  3. A hybrid poem form - I love it.
    Ryan M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new poem form! And your poem--small joys that are not small. I'm always cheered by the little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ramona, I think your new format is properly named. Harbinger of spring-I look forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful that you didn't let the original form constrain you, Ramona. I think your new poetic form is lovely!

    ReplyDelete