Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Slice of Life: Our Saturday Shopping Trip!

Today I join my fellow bloggers in "serving up a slice" 
to the Tuesday Slice of Life (SOL) community.
Thanks to Stacey, Betsy, Dana, Beth, Kathleen, Deb, Lisa, and Melanie
                    for hosting this meeting place each Tuesday and nurturing our writing lives.


We are not shoppers, especially not the weekend of Thanksgiving shoppers . . . 
But on Saturday afternoon, we found ourselves shopping.
Within moments of sitting down to discuss our purchase,
my husband's phone rang.  His name had been drawn and 
we were the lucky recipients of the hourly drawing . . . 
an Xbox game system (not too exciting for this couple of a certain age).
We walked outside, we went for a spin, we rode in a golf cart to see all the possibilities
and five hours later, I found myself emptying the glove box, and the side door pockets,
and all the little nooks and crannies of our trusty steed
who had served our family well for thirteen years.




















I felt a little sad saying goodbye and the rainy, gloomy night mirrored my mood, 
but there comes a time (even for folks who drive cars for a long time)
to move on.  We drove our magnetic gray metallic RAV4 home.  
I'm still figuring out all the bells and whistles of this tech savvy car
that blinks at me when someone is in my blind spot,
and beeps at me when I'm too close to an object,
and has a bluetooth and a backup mirror and four cameras
and who knows what else that I still need to figure out.
Sunday morning we received a call from the dealer that my name had been drawn. . . 
for another hourly drawing - a $250 Visa gift card (definitely more exciting than the Xbox)!   

2 comments:

  1. Safe rides with the new car! Giv the XBox a try too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was your lucky day, two wins & a new car. The grand-girls still tease me about my "old" car. Good luck with all those new tech things. I watch my kids use them and think they look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete