Saturday, August 12, 2017

Celebrate This Week!

Join us each weekend for Celebrate This Week with Ruth Ayres.

When we pause to celebrate, we find the joy.
Discover. Play. Build. 

   A week filled with moments to celebrate and remember.

I'm limiting myself to three of the many celebrations swirling around in my head this morning!  
  • This text from my friend Karen - "Check out the full moon - bright orange!"  I couldn't resist so I hopped in the car and headed for higher ground so I could see the rising moon.  When I came back all bubbly with excitement, Lance decided to join me.  So off we went and that's when we spotted a deer just as we rounded the curve beyond our house!  An orange full moon and a deer all because a friend sent a text - that's a joyous way to end a day.  
  • Ruth's post about handwritten notes and specifically the note she received from Sam (which ties in beautifully with the slice of life that wrote this week) -  Be sure to click on the pic of Sam's note so you can see his delightful illustrations.  I'm bolding a few words from Ruth's post so I can kickstart my goal to join the 52 Letters in a Year challenge:  "I looked at the card again and knew it was time to stop thinking about sending handwritten notes and start doing. The card Sam sent me is incredibly ordinary. It took minutes for him to write. It warmed my heart -- for days."  As soon as I finish this post, I'm off to write my first note to Michelle to begin my challenge.  
  • And what would a celebration be without some pics of my favorite boys?
I captured this screenshot from a video on
Instagram (after 18 tries).  I wish you could hear
the joyful babbling that accompanied it!


  • Thank you, Ruth, for this opportunity every week to focus on joyful moments!  (And I can't get rid of that bullet below, no matter how hard I try.  Sometimes, Blogger makes me crazy!)

5 comments:

  1. Ramona, I love the statement, "And what would a celebration be without some pics of my favorite boys?" Of course, the photos are adorable of the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bouncing boys and your celebrations. I am tucking away the handwritten note thing for a year when I'm not teaching. I think this is going to be all I can handle this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand about the bullets, maddening! Best wishes with the letter/note writing. That is quite a challenge. It actually might help me use some of the many, many cards I seem to have. And love that you'll follow the moon. I watch for it often as you probably know. Finally, don't stop with the boy pics. They just get cuter and cuter. Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, those BOYS! Adorable! And growing, aren't they? That moon story is so Ramona. Love it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still remember one night in my childhood when there was an enormous orange moon. Moments like that are fabulous. Your pictures are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete