Thursday, August 3, 2017

Spiritual Journey First Thursday: New Beginnings



Julianne at To Read To Write To Be has selected the topic, new beginnings, for our post today.  I love the idea of new beginnings.  Even though I'm retired, I still feel new beginnings stirring as the summer draws to a close and school supplies begin appearing on store shelves.  I tried Irene's suggestion from her Smack Dab in the Middle post to list ten words that describe the topic we're writing about and then to scratch through those words.  (I have to admit that I couldn't scratch through them. But I did make two additional lists.)  "Let's move on to the next ten, and the next! Digging deeper, past the cliches, past the expected, is where all the best poems are buried."

And after I made three lists of words, I turned to the internet where I read quotes about new beginnings.  So today's musings are a blending of my thoughts and quotes that spoke to me.  Thanks, Julieanne, for this time to reflect on new beginnings.   

Sunrise
a new day
a new month
a new story.

A time for turning
a time to be hopeful
a time to keep striving and 
reaching for who we can become.  

While always feeling brim with joy
that He loves us just as we are
with encouragement to become more
as we journey with Him by our side.

And so we open our hearts to 
possibility and embrace the 
opportunities and magic 
of new beginnings.

6 comments:

  1. Love this imagery of Him at our side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 💕 "He loves us just as we are with encouragement to become more".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ramona, I too enjoyed Irene's poem at "Smack Dab in the Middle" and her idea of digging deeper, past the first poem ideas that present themselves.

    I love this stanza of your poem:
    "While always feeling brim with joy
    that He loves us just as we are
    with encouragement to become more
    as we journey with Him by our side."

    That has been the picture I have lately... of holding in tension both being okay with who I am yet growing to be more than I have been.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your last stanza. Embracing the possible. That is the essence of new beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ramona, these lines are wonderful:
    Sunrise
    a new day
    a new month
    a new story.
    They fill my space with a sunkissed moment so why not match them to one of your digitals and send it to me for my Sunkissed Summer Gallery.

    Thanks for filling my heart with the love of the Guide on my journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ramona,

    My name is Anuj Agarwal. I'm Founder of Feedspot.

    I would like to personally congratulate you as your blog
    Pleasures from the Page has been selected by our panelist as one of the Top 100 Elementary Teacher Blogs on the web.

    http://blog.feedspot.com/elementary_teacher_blogs/

    I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world. This is the most comprehensive list of Top 100 Elementary Teacher Blogs on the internet and I’m honored to have you as part of this!

    Also, you have the honor of displaying the badge on your blog.

    ​Best,
    Anuj

    ReplyDelete