So excited to join Saturday Celebrations with Ruth Ayres!
It is fun to live my week thinking about what I will celebrate on Saturday.
A week filled with moments to celebrate and remember!
1. Our driveway is finished! Six weeks ago our broken asphalt was removed, and two workers began the process for laying paving stones. It's quite a process,
but it's finally complete.
2. I popped in for my colleagues' last day of pre-service preparation with cookie bars for everyone. It was fun to see my friends!
3. I made real progress this week on the boxes of books in the garage. It's difficult to purge my book collection. I'm asking tough questions each time I put a book on the shelf as I realize that some books must go.
4. I finished two books this week from my stack of current reads - Marilyn Nelson's novel-in-verse, How I Discovered Poetry, and Kirby Larson's new book, Dash. I read the ARC (thanks to Island books) and loved it. The book was launched this past Thursday. It tells the story of Mitsi, a Japanese-American girl who must leave her dog, Dash, behind when the family goes to an incarceration camp. Be sure to share this book with dog-lovers and students interested in WWII. Now it's on to the meatier reading of Black Count for my book club and finishing Read Write Teach with a group of fellow bloggers.
5. I'm loving the cooler weather, cloudy days, and the beginning of fall color. I'm continuing to explore new trails and neighborhoods on my walks. Retirement provides the time to enjoy more walks with my husband, take more pics, and be inspired by nature.