Sunday, May 10, 2015

Celebrate This Week!

                              Join us each weekend for Celebrate this week with Ruth Ayres.  
 When we pause to celebrate, we find the joy.
Discover. Play. Build.
  A week filled with moments to celebrate and remember!

 My new kitchen!  
This celebration belonged in March when the job was finished.  However, I wouldn't let myself post pictures until I had unpacked all the boxes.  It wasn't until Sara's visit in April that I  emptied the final two boxes.  And then I kept forgetting to post pictures of my new workspace.  So even though this celebration is a couple of months late, I still celebrate every time I walk into the kitchen.  
















Book club in the Gator Garden!  
Thursday afternoon found us outside sharing book possibilities for our next book club.  Each student quickly perused three books and chose a favorite to propose to the group.  Our top three choices:
1.  The Secret Box by Whitaker Ringwalk
2.  One for the Murphys by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
3.  The London Eye Mystery by Siobhan Dowd
We're hoping to read all three books by the end of school.  We have six weeks until school is out.  I think we'll make it!  Our numbers have dwindled as the weather has warmed, but Ms. Bowman and I are happy to welcome these regular attendees.  Notice their smiles for books and friends!

 Sunset at Slater Park!

4 comments:

  1. New kitchen, yay! I am very happy for you. Enjoy the three books and the smiling reading group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen is beautiful! I don't know any of those books and am going to look for them. At my school we have bok club in fourth grade. The current book is El Deafo. Before that it was The 14th Godlfish. Lots of great discussion and excited readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ramona, the long awaited kitchen looks like a splendid work space. I am sure that you are thrilled each time you walk into it. The sunset picture is so vivid that it is calling for a poem to accompany it. Maybe this will be your offering fr Spring's Symphony.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - gorgeous kitchen, Ramona! Worth the wait and the hassle, right?!

    ReplyDelete