Sunday, October 18, 2015

Celebrate This Week!

                               Join us each weekend for Celebrate This Week with Ruth Ayres.  
 When we pause to celebrate, we find the joy.
Discover. Play. Build.
  A week filled with moments to celebrate and remember!

I finished a wonderful week in TN on Wednesday.  My time there with family is a precious memory that continues to spool through my days.  

1.  Lunch at Bell Buckle Cafe with Blake and Stefi!


My son has raved about the oatmeal cake with caramel sauce ever 
since he lived in TN.  My only regret is that we shared this piece of cake three ways.  I'm on a quest to find the recipe since I don't make it to TN very often, 
and I'm already hankering for my next piece.  

2.  A Visit to the Farm!
My great-niece, Sarah, made sure that I got to meet all the chickens.
I sent her the pictures and she wrote the descriptions:

So this one I'm feeding is Miracle, she used to be called Brainless (by my mom) because our rooster Bou Bou pecked her head. Then she recovered and got hit by a car and now she is called Miracle. She has almost fully recovered from that and is doing great!

The one the farthest in the back is Betsy, with the black head, and she lays the blue eggs. The next one is Rachel with the red head, she lays brown eggs.  And Betsy and Rachel are both Americana's. The second closest is Ava May. Then the closest is Ruby Gilis.
Betsy's blue eggs!

3.  Hike at Old Stone Fort!
Tree branch frames my great nieces and great nephew-
 Sarah, Erin, and Sam!

4.  Sister Outing!
My sister, Velma, and I went shopping and out to lunch.  When you live far away from family, an excursion with your sis is the best treat ever!
Few trees in Tennessee had donned their fall colors, but I did find 
this show of color in a mall parking lot.

   5.  Back home in the Pacific NW!
 Sara's blue hydrangeas transform to deep purple for fall.

1 comment:

  1. Well, love each one for different reasons. The chickens do make special stories, don't they? Love seeing this part of your family, & those hydrangeas are beautiful. I'm so glad you had such a lovely visit, Ramona.

    ReplyDelete