Saturday, September 23, 2017

Celebrate This Week!

Join us each weekend for Celebrate This Week with Ruth Ayres.

When we pause to celebrate, we find the joy.
Discover. Play. Build. 

   A week filled with moments to celebrate and remember.


"Ta-Da" List 
I live with a family of list makers, but Gretchen Rubin's podcast introduced me to my favorite new list.  The "Ta-Da" List is for showcasing things you've accomplished.
This week my "Ta-Da" list has two things on it!
I got my flu shot. - Ta-Da!
I posted to Poetry Friday this week. - Ta-Da!

Sunday Chuckles
You may remember that before Teddy and Jack bestowed Grandmother status on me that I sometimes blogged about Imi, the youngest daughter of a family at church.  When Imi was born, her mom told me that if I sat on "their" pew, that I would get to hold Imi during church.  That's all it took for me to take up a middle of the pew spot beside their family.  And now, Miss Imi, is three and she still comes to sit with my husband and me for part of our worship service each Sunday.  This week's celebration comes from a whispered conversation last Sunday.  Imi told me that she wants to be a doctor when she grows up.  I leaned over and told my husband.  He promptly told Imi that he hadn't been feeling well lately.  And her quick response?  "I'm not a doctor yet!"  
We love this little sweetheart and her sisters Lenna and Kylie.  
I celebrate  sharing Sunday mornings with this sweet family!


The Boys
Jack is my captive audience for guitar practice.
He's not sure what to think of it, but he puts up 
with my very slow progress as I figure out the chords.
(Did I mention that the tips of my fingers feel numb?
Is this the beginning of guitar calluses?)
Love this profile of sweet Teddy at the park.  
And FaceTime visits with Teddy are the best. 
His favorite new word is bubble!  
I even played the guitar for him this week.  

8 comments:

  1. It's clear that you love these kids and I'm sure they love you! I started playing the guitar last year and it definitely hurt at the beginning. I was listening to Gretchen Rubin's podcast a ton this spring but haven't listened as much lately...I'll have to get back to it. The ta-da list sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celebrations of young life just beginning. It's such a joy to see their smiles. I congratulate you for your guitar calluses. Keep practicity it will be worth the work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to hear the Imi update, along with such joys that Jack and Teddy always bring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Playing the guitar was one of my fantasies. I still haven't tried it. What a gift to have a relationship with Imi! You are part of her village and you both gain from the experience. Their innocence is refreshing! I'm familiar with Gretchen Rubrin and have her book. Is it 21 days to a new habit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of the Ta-da list. :) What a lovely bunch of children you have in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post! You reveal so much of who you are through your choices! And I love the idea of a Ta-Da list. I need one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am adding a Ta-Da list to my weekly planner page.... :-) I need that. I love these stories and pictures of the children you obviously love so much. What a celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I follow Gretchen Rubin's blog but somehow have missed the Ta-Da list. Love the idea. I bet it feels good to play the guitar to such sweet audience.

    ReplyDelete