Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Slice of Life: Twenty Squares and Twenty Lines

 

I'll Wrap Myself in Words

 

I stayed up late reading poems

Convinced myself I had no slice

And then a stroll into the bedroom

Found 50-year old squares laid out

 

Five rows long

Four rows wide

These squares intended 

For a friendship quilt 


Gifted to me

From Aunt Ruby Dee

On high school graduation

With plans for future finishing


I find it impossible to choose

Just twenty friends from 50 years

And so my friendship quilt squares

Morph into favorite word squares

 

I'll begin with my One Little Words

Add a few other favorite words

Remember how to embroider

And wrap myself in words

2 comments:

  1. You wove your slice into a beautiful poem, Ramona. I'm delighted you shared it today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea of wrapping yourself in words-great idea to embroider them onto the quilt. And great slice, too. :)

    ReplyDelete