Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Slice of Life: Stuffie Jeopardy Jumpstarted my Slice!

I'm trying to write a slice each week, in preparation for March which will be here before we know it. With no ideas about what to write, I resorted to a tactic I often use during March. I started reading slices from other people. And sure enough my slice found me!

Sunday morning found me teaching daughter's Sunday School class. (I volunteered to fill in because she was going to Costa Rica, only she didn't get to go because her husband got Covid, and in spite of being extra careful and isolating him from the rest of the family, one child got sick four days later, she got sick three days after that, and another child tested positive on Sunday morning.)

The class warm-up activity is High, Low, Buffalo! Each class member shares a high or low from their week, or a buffalo (a random fact about themselves). I used to do Roses and Thorns with my Sunday School class twenty+ years ago. I could have used this idea because there was always that kid who couldn't think of a rose or a thorn. We could have dubbed it Rose-Thorn-Candy Corn! (But I digress.)

My grandson, the only member of his family still testing negative, is in his mom's Sunday School class. He diligently wears a mask at home and school. He said his high for the week was a new game he and his brother created, Stuffies Incorporated. If you've read Stacey's slice for this week, then you'll know her Stuffie Jeopardy Fever jogged my memory about Stuffies Incorporated. 

The boys spent a large part of Sunday organizing their store and pricing the Stuffies. The store is on the upper bunk and big brother is the boss of the store. Once you select a Stuffie (prices range from $6 to $300), you can opt for a note to be included with the Stuffie at no additional cost. Then the Stuffie goes to the lower bunk where it's prepared for delivery by the younger brother. 

My husband and I did our shopping on Monday via FaceTime. He opted for the puppy and I chose the otter. They are wrapped and ready for delivery as soon as everyone at their house tests negative for Covid. I can't wait to see what's written on my note!

3 comments:

  1. I love how slices find us :) I do Rose/Thorn/Bud in my classroom where Bud is something you're looking forward to. I love the Random Fact idea; I want to try it soon!

    Stuffies Incorporated reminds me of playing store with all my cousins in which we each had our own store of goods... Geez, it got quite messy now that I think about it LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Rose/Thorn/Bud. Isn't it fun what we learn while slicing?

      Delete
  2. I love "rose, thorn, candy corn!" and I'm going to borrow that for my work with after schoolers. I've been doing an emotion wheel for over a year and it's getting stale. Time to give it a rest and try something new!

    ReplyDelete