Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Slice of Life: Still a Superhero!

One of my favorite things to do as a Mom was to thunder downstairs singing the Batman theme song (Da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da) with the climactic words "Batman" replaced by "Supermom!" 

A recent text thread with my daughter indicates that while the nest is empty, my Supermom powers still reign supreme!

 

Can we borrow Eagle from moose & eagle for show & tell on Friday? It’s E

Yes!

He wants a shaky egg instead 

But from your house

We’re looking for it! Does he know where it is?

 He says with the diaper changing stuff?

 That’s the first place I looked. Then we went through the toy bins.


I went to bed disappointed that I couldn't find the shaky egg. Turns out that daughter's shaky eggs were all busted (no surprise there, three boys can be rough on plastic eggs). 

I woke up Friday morning thinking about the missing shaky egg and decided to check all the drawers. 

Bathroom drawers & cabinets, no luck! 

Chest of drawers, no luck! 

Middle desk drawer, no luck. 

Side desk drawer, BINGO! 

I knew I had seen it somewhere.

I sent this pic to daughter.

Grandson went to preschool with shaky EGG* for his E show-and-tell. 

While I may not thunder down the stairs anymore, it's clear that I can still come to the rescue!

 

*Shaky Eggs were introduced to us by our community troubadour (and dear friend), Nancy Stewart. This particular shaky egg was created more than seven years ago at a community baby shower. Miss Nancy has made it her mission to connect communities and families through music. During the pandemic, she did Bedtime Tune Times. Here's the one for Shaky Eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment