It is fun to live my week thinking about what I will celebrate on Saturday!A week filled with moments to celebrate and remember!
1. Sunshine and more sunsets . . .This week we had several days when the sun broke through the clouds. It's amazing how my spirit lifts with the arrival of the sun. It encourages me to leave school before dark and to glimpse the setting sun as I drive home.
2. A delicious lunch provided by our parents . . .
This month they chose a tailgating Seahawks theme. I love the food, the chance to visit with teacher friends who don't usually join us for lunch, and connecting with parents of "my" students (current and former) who serve the lunch. I mentioned the lunch when I returned to my classroom, and several students chimed in that their parents had contributed to our delicious lunch. Go Seahawks! Go Parents!
3. The arrival of The Art of Holly Hobbie on an interlibrary loan . . .
A conversation with Nancy at Island Books led me to this book (out of print) and the discovery that I could purchase it for $68.99. That sent me scurrying to my library web page (not in their collection), so I pushed a few keys and the book arrived this week from the Tacoma Library. I love KCLS (King County Library System)!
4. The last caramel from the snowman jar . . .
A dear friend sends us homemade caramels each year. One of our favorite holiday traditions is one caramel a day. These well-traveled caramels from TX arrived in WA, traveled to DC in a suitcase, and traveled in a Christmas box to NY where a few made it into a suitcase for travels to England and Scotland. It was a special treat to savor my last caramel this week.
5. A four day week filled with books . . .