Today I join my fellow bloggers in "serving up a slice"
to the Tuesday Slice of Life sponsored by
1. Renew library books online.
2. Text my daughter - Does she want a gift subscription to Real Simple?
3. Write note to husband about Saturday's appt.
4. Post Sat. appt. on the calendar.
5. Text my brother - We're checking in daily about our exercise.
6. Grab a handful of chocolate chips from the top shelf in the pantry.
7. Order vitamins that I can't procure locally.
8. List the sections I need to write for tomorrow's meeting.
9. Clean the litter box.
10. Bring in cat carrier from garage (so it won't be too cold for Ms. Hadley).
11. Put a towel in the dryer so her carrier will be warm and cozy when we head to the vet.
12. Phone Mary to confirm L's Sat. appt.
13. Take the cat to the vet.
14. Write my SOL.
Can you tell what I need to DO when I get back from the vet?
WRITE the sections for tomorrow's meeting. And the purpose of the meeting? My former principal asked me to introduce slice of life to some of the 6th grade teachers! So no more time for slicing, instead it's BIC (butt in chair) time. I borrowed that acronym from Jane Yolen, but I know it's been around for awhile.
Day after tomorrow, I head to DC for my first NCTE convention. Isn't it a shame that I never made it there while I was in the classroom? I can't wait to bump into some of you and to attend some of your sessions!