Join us each Saturday for Celebrate this week with Ruth Ayres.
When we pause to celebrate, we find the joy.
A week filled with moments to celebrate and remember!
1. I broke in my "after-retirement substituting bag" that I bought ten months ago for less than $15. My first subbing stint was for Patty in our front office.
It was fun to spend my first Halloween after retirement
enjoying the costumes and the fun with no teaching duties attached.
2. I thought I had returned all the poetry books to the library,
and then I discovered another bin in Janet's room.
I've said it before, but people who don't lose things cut down on the celebrating
that occurs when something is found (even if you didn't know it was lost).
3. My good friend and I stopped on a walk to investigate a lot for sale that is perched on a ravine.
When we walked to the edge, we discovered this deer who soon joined two others
munching on the tasty leaves brought down during our recent windstorm.
4. Percy poses with the Poetry Box and flyer for today's party.
He's perfectly elated with his cameo picture on the flyer, excited for today's party,
and can't wait to spend several days perusing poems before his arrival in Utah.
5. Shout outs to Two Writing Teachers, Celebrate this Week, Poetry Friday,
and my blogger friends who nurture my writing life.
Today marks my 300th post!