Sunday, March 26, 2017

SOLSC 26/31: God's Handwriting!

Today I join my fellow bloggers in "serving up a slice" 
to the Slice of Life (SOL) community.
Thanks to Stacey, Betsy, Beth, Kathleen, Deb, Lisa, Melanie, and Lanny
for hosting this meeting place each day in March
and for nurturing our writing lives.

I love calendars, I love quotes, and I love pictures of beautiful scenes in nature.  So of course my favorite calendars feature quotes and beautiful pictures.  This past Sunday my daughter accused me of holding spring at arm's length because my snowman collection was still out.  So I whisked those snowmen into their storage boxes on Tuesday, the first day of spring, and spent the rest of the week welcoming spring properly by snapping pics of beautiful blossoms!

Yellow forsythia with a bench for contemplation!
Who can resist a touch of pink?
  My new desktop background pic!

And here's a favorite calendar quote from several years ago to pair with the pictures, perfect for this Sabbath celebration of color.  It's why my car should carry a warning sticker:  "Caution - this car stops for springtime."  

"Never lose an opportunity to see anything that is beautiful.  It is God's handwriting - a wayside sacrament."  
                                                             - Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, every one! Ralph Waldo Emerson's words connect so wonderfully, Ramona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you put those pesky snowmen away, they may have been a factor in that last snow event! I love that line, "My car stops for springtime." As I age,spring has become my favorite season - full of hope and new beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to change my screen background and I guess, just forgot. Thanks for reminding me with a post and that quote!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spring is much further along but really glad you put those snowman away. No more snow now until fall - please! Thanks for the pictures of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors of spring! A perfect combination of a quote with photos today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos and quotes! I am glad to think about seeing God's handwriting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had weather in the seventies last week- and daffodils and tulips and grape hyacinth and crocus. Gorgeous colors. It's been snowy and rainy and windy the last three days. And I love your bumper sticker! I stop for spring too!

    ReplyDelete