Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Slice of Life: Snow Day #2

I join my fellow bloggers in "serving up a slice" to the Tuesday Slice of Life (SOL) community.
Thanks to Stacey, Betsy, BethKathleen, Deb, Melanie, Lanny, and Kelsey
 for hosting this meeting place each Tuesday and nurturing our writing lives.
 
A two hour late start -
last night's verdict. Amended
to CLOSED this morning. 

We rarely get snow in the Seattle area, so it's a treat when it happens. And even though I'm retired, I feel a certain delight when I open the district web site to see the welcome word - CLOSED!

I know snow pics are ubiquitous, but for me
snow always calls for a celebration!
And we had 6.5 inches!
Grandson Jack enjoyed four
different outings yesterday!
A snowy twilight table setting!
(Just in case you're not familiar with our 
yearly discussion... those are 
white lights, not Christmas lights.
And I need them in 
November, December, January, AND February!)

9 comments:

  1. Snow, when you don't have to drive anywhere, is pretty and playful. I also side with you in regards to the lights. The more the better in winter and darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful sight when it is not a nuisance. Enjoy your snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow days are always a treat in my world :) and you can never share too many snowy images, especially with white lights! Enjoy your beautiful snowfall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! I think that the lights are gorgeous and welcoming anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photos! I love that you started with a haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love that you share the excitement in a snow day. We have yet to have one over here in MT, but this week we have had 2 days of indoor recess due to the severe cold. It's still early though - who knows what lies ahead?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great snow pictures...especially the ones of Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at all of those lovely snow and grandkid pics! Thanks for sharing them with us.

    You and Adrienne both wrote about your NW snowstorm. So interesting to read about it from people who rarely have snow days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so much fun to see Jack in his snow toy. It looks like he's having fun with Grandma. I captured the blue glow pic for Winter's Embrace Gallery because no one tires of snow photos. Would it be fine if I included the snow sled one also?

    ReplyDelete