Tuesday, February 26, 2019

SOL: Exam Nightmare to the Rescue!

 
It's a familiar dream/nightmare. We find ourselves in a college classroom taking an exam for which we are woefully unprepared. For some reason, the exam room was not large enough and I was moved into a second room and then a third room. I had an extra burden because I was pulling grandson Jack in a stroller and hoping that he would stay asleep while I took the exam. 

It was a science exam and we had page after page after page of multiple choice questions. It was time for the exam to be over, but I found myself pleading with the professor for extended time. It turned out the people in the second room (right next to our room) were totally rowdy and had made it hard for me to concentrate. I was moved to another room with the professor looking on as I frantically tried to finish the exam. I remember one particular question that troubled me about breeds of dogs, certain kinds of dog beds, and fabric softeners. The data for answering the question covered four pages, front and back, and I found myself shuffling those pages over and over in an attempt to finish the exam. 

And then I found a packet of twenty-five questions that I hadn't even started. I finally finished and turned in the exam pages, only to discover that I had left grandson Jack in the first exam room. I took off to find him! 

And that's when I rolled over, looked at the window, and saw daylight around the edges of the blinds.  I recently returned from a trip to Italy. After five days of waking up in the early morning hours and being unable to go back to sleep, I had finally managed to sleep through the night. Thanks, exam nightmare for troubling my sleep and keeping me busily engaged until daybreak!

7 comments:

  1. Ramona, that was an active dream? How did you remember so much? I have been having dreams each night, some bizarre enough that they trouble me but I usually forget the sequential build up to an awakened state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Dogs & fabric softener - wonder what your psyche is trying to tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch. I hope that tonight you will get sweet deep sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I am still dreaming about teaching. I'm glad you could sleep despite the nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That is one vivid dream! I would have thought that your dreams would have been bursting with Italian gelato!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nightmare! It wore me out just reading it. And poor Jack. I hope he was still there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. omgoodness! Such a grandma/teacher/thinker/problem solver/kind of dream. I have not had that dream, but can imagine the thinking involved. You had so much to do and so much to solve and yet as a grandma, your mission became to protect and comfort. Perhaps you too are wondering about surviving the SOL challenge?

    ReplyDelete