Saturday, February 18, 2017

Celebrate This Week: Babies and Links I Love

                            Join us each weekend for Celebrate This Week with Ruth Ayres. 
                                                      When we pause to celebrate, we find the joy.
Discover. Play. Build. 
                                  A week filled with moments to celebrate and remember! 

I loved the video my daughter-in-law, Stefi,  shared of Teddy at story time wearing this sticker:  "Read 1000 books before kindergarten."  The video disappeared after 24 hours (one of those Instagram specials).  But Stefi sent me these pics of Teddy at story time.  (Blogger refuses to make this paragraph blue and I surrender!)


I love that Teddy (at seven months) is already well on the way to that goal of reading 1000 books before kindergarten.  Check out his rapt attention at story time and the way he's holding that board book!  

And this week, Teddy went to an indoor play space and Stefi sent me this fun pic of this happy boy!


I'm loving the time I get to spend with our new grandson, Jack (and his mom and dad).  Here he is at two weeks old on Tuesday.  
 And on Friday, Grandpa joined us for a stroll at Juanita Beach (a rare blue sky and sunshine day), and then back home with time for Grandpa's stories and some snuggle time with Grandma.  





Yesterday I shared "Sacrament" by Donna Wahlert for Poetry Friday.  I love these words from her poem, "You leave your handprint on my soul."  These are precious days I get to spend with Jack.  I'm counting down until the end of April when Teddy will visit again and these cousins will meet for the first time!

I'm continuing to share links I've found and loved during the week.
Have a wonderful week!

13 comments:

  1. You are in the midst of wonderful times. I so loved those story time moments of my own kids. Thank you for sharing the baby love and the links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading and spending time with grandsons...what's better than that? They are precious! Thank you for sharing your links too. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little guys are a BIG celebration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is a celebration! These moments are precious. "You leave your handprint on my soul"... what a powerful thought. Thanks for the links, Ramona.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep hugging those precious boys and these precious moments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love baby celebrations. I have one every Saturday when my sis and nephew come to visit. Can't wait for the summer that we spend together. It is wonderful to see the little ones grow and learn, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's wonderful that your daughter-in-law shares the pictures often. He's really growing up, seems so fast! And love that you have Jack close. That's a bonus. Thanks for the links, too. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What little cuties! I do so love doing baby storytimes, the little ones are just so curious and fun! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing pictures of your babies! I am working on a post with Red Skelton's poem about grandparents. Have your read that? I actually thought about it after reading your Poetry Friday post yesterday. It will be the first Friday in March so I can double up my communities. I will be lifting up my online Grandmother friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two beautiful grandbabies! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ramona, the grandbabies are just so adorable and Teddy looks like he will be an avid reader. How could he not grow up to be with such a wonderful grandma reader as you. Thanks for sharing the book lists also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jack is precious...but Teddy is such a bundle of toddler joy. Love that picture of his rapt attention.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, beautiful grandchildren!

    Love the read 1000 books before kindergarten!

    ReplyDelete