Today I join my fellow bloggers in "serving up a slice"
to the Slice of Life (SOL) community.
Thanks to Stacey, Betsy, Beth, Kathleen, Deb, Lisa, Melanie, and Lanny
for hosting this meeting place each day in March
and for nurturing our writing lives.
Books, Brownies, & Beyond, our after school book club meets every Tuesday afternoon. We have students from 6th, 7th, and 8th grades in our book club. We have a mixture of boys and girls. We started the year with 20+ students. Seven months in, we still have 12-15 readers who enjoy sharing book love every week.
- First the good - We've been participating in the middle grade novel tournament for March Book Madness. Tuesday was the final day to cast votes in the middle grade championship bracket. By the time you read this post, we'll know this year's winner. These pictures show the choices made by our book club members in the championship round.
March Book Madness Winner - A Night Divided!
(Oh, how we are hoping that the result
from the national MBM is the same.)
|9 votes for A Night Divided!|
Update: Books Brownies and Beyond
nailed this year's tournament,
A Night Divided won!
4 votes for Pax!
- Now the bad - Some of our favorite titles lost out in the middle grade brackets!
- Which we managed to turn around to the good - We decided to follow the path of our winners in addition to the national MBM winners. These pictures show the results of Books, Brownies and Beyond's championship round.
Our winner - The War that Saved my Life!
8 votes for The War that Saved my Life
5 votes for Echo.
- The delicious - Anna made homemade M&M cookies for this week's treat.
- The bad - We didn't take a picture.
- The good - Everyone enjoyed Anna's cookies and some people even got seconds!