Friday, June 2, 2017

Spiritual Journey First Thursday: Finding Joy!



I enjoy blogging with this group of friends as we gather on the first Thursday of each month to reflect on our spiritual journeys.  Today we are writing about "joy," Carol Varsalona's One Little Word.  Carol's post, Joyful Expectancy, is about the imminent arrival of her grandaughter and Carol's birth as a grandmother.  It's a most exciting time! I can't wait to see a pic of Carol with her new granddaughter.  Be sure and visit Margaret at  Reflections on the Teche to read everyone's joyful responses! 

Yesterday was one of those days overfull with obligations, appointments, and stuff to do which is why I'm writing this post on Friday.  When I think of joy, I immediately think of the scripture from Psalm 30:5 ... weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."  As a lifelong morning person, I often remind myself that things will be better, even joyful if I can just wait for morning. 

And I love all the synonyms that are listed as See also when I looked up joy in the Bible Dictionary -  cheerful, delight, gladness, happiness, pleasure.  Just looking at that list of words brings joy to my heart.  Here are a few more scriptures that I loved when I searched for joy:  

"And my soul shall be joyful in the Lord:  it shall rejoice in his salvation."  Psalm 35:9

"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad it it."  Psalm 118:24

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith."  Galatians 5:22

"Ingredients for Joy"  a poem shared recently on Poetry Friday by fellow blogger,Kiesha Shepard, seems tailor made for this month's topic.  It makes me breathe more deeply and want to slow down.

And now I get to visit your blogs to read more about joy and our spiritual journeyings.  Happy summer, dear friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment