Today I join my fellow bloggers in "serving up a slice"
to the Tuesday Slice of Life (SOL) community.
Thanks to Stacey, Betsy, Beth, Kathleen, Deb, Lisa, Melanie, and Lanny
for hosting this meeting place each Tuesday and nurturing our writing lives.
It's late, but still Tuesday in my west coast world. Today, I'm sharing ten things I bought on the tenth, a variation of last week's slice of 4 things I loved on the 4th of July.
A friend and I headed out for a Costco run yesterday. I asked her if she would be willing to join me for an extra expedition to University Books. It was the first day of their 90% off sale and I purchased ten books for less than eight dollars. I felt like it was Christmas in July!
- 4 books on STEM topics for my niece's classroom
- Lootas, a sea otter at our aquarium, written by a local author on the island
- 1 favorite poetry book for gift giving
- 2 books by Mem Fox to share with my grand boys - Tough Boris and Tell Me About Your Day Today
- 2 serendipitous finds - Mrs. Harkness and the Panda, a delightful book illustrated by Melissa Sweet and I Know Here, a book I loved sharing with my students when we did personal narratives
And here's my friend, Shelly, with her stash of
four finds for her granddaughter.
I've gotta find a bookstore like tha!ReplyDelete
Hmmm. I think you are on to something. Ten on the 10th. Or 4 on the 4th.ReplyDelete
They should always be books.
We buy. And post. And give!
I will try to remember to do this, link to you, in a month upcoming.
What will you call this?
happy weekend whirl to you, Ramona.