Sunday, February 25, 2018

A Procrastinator's Year End Update: #MustReadin2017

I managed to read eleven of the twelve titles I selected and two of those I finished since the fall update.  The blue print shows my original thoughts about the book and the green shows my response to the book after reading it. Watch soon (before the end of February, I promise) for my #MustReadin2018 post.

7.  When Friendship Followed Me Home by Paul Griffin - This is a title that I considered when I was selecting titles for our Mock Newbery 2017.  And I read and loved so many dog stories in 2016!
Finished! I was surprised by the depth of this book. I fell in love with the characters. Marcus Zusak sums it up with these words from the cover, "Full of pace and laughter, bruises and heart."

9.  Flying Lessons & Other Stories by Ellen Oh - I rarely read short stories, so this is a good stretch for me.  I think I will enjoy sharing stories from this book at our after school book club.   Finished! This anthology, published in partnership with We Need Diverse Books, succeeds in its goal to provide ten diverse stories from ten great authors. 

2 comments:

  1. Impressive Ramona! Finishing 11 out of 12 books! I love how you shared your before and after thoughts. And I just noticed your quote from Barry Lopez on your header. I couldn't love his words more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved When Friendship Followed me Home, have Flying Lessons, on my list this year! Glad you joined in, however late!

    ReplyDelete